02 February 2011

Hotel view and other interesting facts

So I think the view from my room is pretty cool, it overlooks what I think is part of the city centre?  Any way the 2 pictures below are from looking out my room.



And this is the view inside my room.  Not too interesting mostly  standard hotel room.
However, the room is a lot smaller than a regular hotel room in the States.  It basically fits the 2 beds and enough space to walk along the sides plus a long desk and the bathroom (toilet).  Which by the way comes with shampoo and body wash but they are in bottles that are connected to a frame on the wall so they can't be taken.  Again different b/c most US hotels just have the mini sample bottles for you to use and take.  Another thing that is different is that in order to get electricity to my room, I have to have my key card plugged into the wall.  That took me forever to figure out.  I kept thinking that something was wrong with my converter and I was doomed!  I realized I wasn't doomed when I went to use the toilet and the light wouldn't turn on.  But then I was thinking oh no the woman at the check in counter asked if I needed anything amenities and I said no, did she mean I had to pay for electricity too?? I realized that that was a bit ridiculous and they wouldn't make me pay for electricity.   That's when I saw this little box on the wall that kind of looked like my key card could be placed in it.  So I tried it and immediately the air kicked in and I tried the lights and they worked!!!  I'm glad I found it or I would just be sitting here in the dark, or would've looked like an idiot going down to the desk to see if I had to pay for electricity:) 

1 comment:

  1. lol, silly christine.
    but i feel like i would have been freaking out if that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete